|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Create and provide solutions within a broad variety of enterprise computing infrastructures and public and private Cloud computing technologies. Conduct evaluations of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions, make rational design decisions from business and technical perspectives and communicate recommendations. Define guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to GEHA’s needs and infrastructure. Maintain responsibility for defining the technical strategy of a system, work closely with all stakeholders to vet technology decisions that support product capabilities now and for the future and guide it successfully through its execution.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of GEHA strategic business plans.
• Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers and other system architects.
• Document and develop in-depth knowledge of GEHA existing Cloud architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio.
• Develop, document, communicate and enforce cloud technology standards policies.
• Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure, development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
• Design, develop and oversee the implementation of end-to-end IT cloud integrated systems.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Able to be physically present in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or Systems Engineering.
• Masters of Arts or Masters of Science degree.
• Experience with building and delivering Single Sign On (SSO) solutions using SAML, LDAP, and Identity Management related technologies.
• Experience with implementing Web services, including SOAP and RESTful.
• Prefer to have a MCSD Azure Solutions Architect Certification.
• Possession of excellent leadership skills to be used for consensus building and mentoring.
• Understanding of Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is desired.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
• Amazon Certified Solutions Architect, Associate, or MCSD Azure Solutions Architect Certification.