|Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee's Summit, MO (201 Building)
The Senior Engineer’s role is to be accountable for Technology, Infrastructure, & Operations projects that impact company security and operational efficiency. This includes maintaining network, and telecommunications infrastructure to provide operational integrity and meet best practice guidelines for operational availability. Assists all teams with development and communication of strategic planning, project planning and plans for ongoing development of technological solutions. Provides some third-tier support for Service Desk and Tier-2 support for System Administrators.
• Senior Engineer is able to initiate projects and provide direction to management on technical matters. Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked to or required by the situation.
• Manages and coordinates deployment, development, and expansion of the technology operations environment.
• Identifies potential problems with delivery of operational services and develops solutions.
• Provides on-call infrastructure support during non-business hours.
• Communicate with departmental personnel to ensure effective deployment of technologies.
• Serve as technical resource for departmental and company-wide IT solutions.
• Provides some third-tier support for Service Desk and Tier-2 support for System Administrators.
• Participates in meetings to explain technical solutions and the feasibility of company operations to meet department needs for software and hardware. Works with Engineers and Leadership in finding cost-effective solutions to new and existing software and hardware needs.
• Maintains knowledge of associated company management software, architectures, telecommunication products and services. Provides monitoring and reporting of technology operations for more complex systems.
• Supports and collaborates with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines.
• Monitors system stability and capacity in relation to licensed limits and assists in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for future infrastructure and telecommunications needs.
• Understands quality improvement process. Creates new processes and documentation. Stays focused on key issues and efficient in time use. Produces the desired outcome with a minimum of effort. Able to estimate schedules.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires four-eight years of experience implementing systems and networking environments in large managed environment which may include telecommunications, call center environments, voice services and gateways, with varying operating systems and an understanding of the security, integrity and the safety of company operational efficiencies plus other related products. Requires effective verbal and written communications skills to consult with management, business partners and vendors; and project management skills, including demonstrated ability to work effectively in small, interactive teams of technical and non-technical associates, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities to successful completion.
Experience in Avaya Aura PBX and Nice Call recording environments or Session Border Controller implementation.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470 with a total of five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.