|***INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY***
Designs and delivers company training programs and workshops to employees and managers. Monitors the effectiveness of employee training using individual or group performance results. Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation. Develops new training program design and existing program enhancements including lesson plans and training aids. May specialize in a particular subject, training program, or function of the company. Training programs may typically include topics such as supervisory/management training, work skills training, team building, and communications. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
• Serves as a primary trainer for 200,300 and 400 level courses.
• Designs, develops, and facilitates system training for end users using Adult Learning Theory and Instructional System Design (ISD) training methodology.
• Evaluates training needs to support the development of learning objectives; collaborates with Senior Trainer, Manager and subject matter experts on the learning objectives, content, and delivery of courses.
• Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as group instruction, individual coaching, lectures, and demonstration; continues to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
• Delivers training in various classroom formats, using relevant training materials such as leader guides, participant guides, job aids, activities, assessments, demonstration models, multi-media visual aids, self-study guides, and computer tutorials.
• Reviews on-line system enhancements and new system installations by GEHA. Trains personnel to incorporate new procedures into previously established methods.
• Maintains a professional working relationship with new and existing employees and takes an active role in the supervision of the trainees while in a training class environment and properly evaluates comprehension and application of subject material.
• Reacts positively to changing developments at GEHA and helps lead the way forward to include new developments in training for both new hire on-boarding and existing employee training. Uses initiative, motivation, and creativity. Provides input for the development or updating of instructional materials and/or new systems training or programs.
• Uses department tools to assess trainee learning progress and competency. Evaluates results and communicates with the Senior Trainer and Manager regarding plans to address areas for continued development.
• Periodically manages a desk and processes claims, as well as periodically answers incoming calls to maintain a realistic perspective of various technical job roles.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires three years (90 hours) of college.
Requires 2-5 years of recent educating or training individuals and/or groups in a corporate environment. Additional years of qualifying experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Requires knowledge of current ISD facilitation and authoring methods. Requires effective planning and organization skills, creative ability, writing proficiency, visual graphics design, and ease of moderating large groups. Requires the ability to function independently with little supervision as well as work as part of a team. Requires effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.