|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (310 Building)
The Health and Wellness Senior Account Executive is responsible for overseeing and executing multiple initiatives intended to improve the health and wellness of GEHA plan members. Drives growth by delivering wellness strategies and introducing GEHA plans to federal agency personnel and their employees. Works well with diverse federal employee populations, and identifies the most effective wellness program mix and programing to educate, engage and activate employees to achieve health improvement goals. The Health and Wellness Senior Account Executive recommends the appropriate delivery and coordination of wellness programs, agency and vendor partnerships, and monitors effectiveness of the programs. Contributes to overall account executive sales growth and retention goals. A core objective of this position is to facilitate wellness programs that educate and influence employees at the worksite to lead healthy lifestyles. The Health and Wellness Senior Account Executive is a subject matter expert on all wellness and health improvement opportunities offered with GEHA plans.
• Works to secure new members and retain current members at federal meetings.
• Plans, develops and executes wellness and sales strategies.
• Assists in the creation, development, documentation and execution of a health and wellness strategy at federal agencies.
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of the health and wellness plan, including communicating with all stakeholders in the project.
• Collaborates with internal and external partners, as necessary, to ensure alignment and coordination of health and wellness messaging across customer touchpoints.
• Provides health and wellness mentoring services to federal agency customers.
• Assesses federal customer’s health challenges and objectives, helping to design a wellness program that is customized to their specific agency workforce and goals. The assessment may utilize, health assessment data, organizational assessment and may factor in claim/utilization data, employee survey data, biometric screenings or other data as appropriate.
• Researches industry application and internal best practices to arrive at creative solutions for federal customer/agency health and wellness programs. Builds an inventory of approved best practice programs to use in the field.
• Provides consultative knowledge to team members, allowing them to independently present health and wellness resources with confidence.
• Develops customer health benefit plan education strategies, and partners with sales team in execution. Leads in presentations at federal agencies to describe and respond to questions about GEHA’s health and wellness benefits.
• Refers, or delegates complex questions, issues, and problems to appropriate GEHA resources. This may include referring customer service issues, care management, eligibility questions, and billing inquiries, to appropriate GEHA representatives.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on identifying opportunities to refer customers to other GEHA wellness offerings.
• Responsible for achieving set sales and wellness visit goals, provides quality customer care and ultimately contributes to growth and retention goals.
• Reviews communications to ensure accuracy of relevant health information.
• Implements, promotes, evaluates and reports on wellness and incentive programs that encourage population participation and improve health outcomes.
• Works with leadership team to establish metrics and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of wellness programs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in health education, health promotion, business administration or marketing. Additional relevant experience including health/wellness related certification may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires three or more years’ experience in corporate health promotion program design. Self-starter who is versatile, patient and has a positive attitude and good judgment. Ability to motivate and encourage others to consider positive health and wellness practices. 3-5 years corporate wellness program management experience and relevant wellness program management exposure. Knowledge of disease processes, illness prevention, and wellness promotion required. Clinical (RD or RN) or medically ancillary field experience preferred. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; strong oral and written communication skills; problem solving acumen; demonstrate personal integrity, confidence, diplomacy as well as flexibility. Exceptional interpersonal, public relations, oratory and presentation skills. Demonstrate positive and effective interaction with customers and decision makers during conversations or meetings. Ability to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives/deliverables in various areas of responsibility. Required to travel at least 50% of the month. Drives for successful results; makes things happen and conveys a sense of urgency; sets aggressive goals and works hard to achieve these goals; moves tasks and assignments toward closure; invests considerable effort to assure goals are met in a high quality manner. Requires knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Strong data analysis skills. Requires the ability to research and analyze plan documents. Strategic/big picture thinker. Ability to problem-solve and work within a team environment.
• Proficient in Salesforce CRM.
• Licenses and Certifications: Nursing/Registered Dietitian (RD), or Nursing/Licensed Social Worker (LCSW), or Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN), or certified through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) or State Board, or National Wellness Institute (NWI).
Skills (Test) Requirements