|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (310 Building)
The Financial Analyst will provide accurate and data-based information on company’s effectiveness and stability. They will research and analyze financial information to help the company make well-informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements.
• Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement, forecasts etc.) taking into account financial standing.
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
• Support the annual budgeting process in conjunction with the Manager, FP&A.
• Analyze project performance against expense and benefit expectations each month.
• Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status.
• Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
• Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance.
• Partner with management to understand financial reporting needs.
• Identify trends based on sound analysis.
• Develop reports and analyze non-financial data. Incorporate financial data into this analysis when appropriate.
• Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with budgets and prior periods.
• Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
Requires 3 years of experience in accounting or finance with a focus on analysis, OR other bachelor’s degree and six years of experience in accounting or finance with a focus on analysis. Requires knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Requires ability to work with large sets of data and business intelligence reporting tools. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Requires effective verbal and written communication skills. Requires strong analytical skills and some understanding of accounting principles. Requires organizational skills and must have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects. Must be able to maintain confidential information.