Forms & Documents
Plans & Benefits
Health & Wellness
FAQs & Resources
Careers at GEHA
Current Job Openings
Call Center Medical and Dental Verification Specialist
CUSTOMER CARE CENTER
Location: Independence, MO (Landmark Bldg)
Department: Customer Care
Responds to incoming telephone inquiries from members or providers regarding verification of dental or medical coverage and benefits. Utilizes effective communication skills to assist and provide complete and accurate information. Works independently with periodic supervision to monitor performance.
• Responds to telephone, chat or email inquiries from members and providers concerning verification of coverage and benefits. Provides information concerning the completion of forms and submission of claims.
• Assists customers in locating participating providers in specified areas. Provides written lists of information when requested.
of benefit determination for COB claims.
• Documents inquiry records.
• Provides callers with the status of submitted claims.
• Completes telephone record documentation following appropriate format and provisions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of recent (prefer within five years) experience working as a Call Center representative in an Inbound/Outbound Call Center,
• OR two years of work experience in dental or medical claims
• OR two years of medical billing/coding in hospital or doctors’ office
• OR two years of work experience as a chair-side dental assistant
• OR two years (60 hours) of college
• OR any combination from above
Must meet telecommute requirements:
• The telecommuter will provide his/her own equipment and internet access.
• Must have the ability to telecommute from home as business needs dictate.
will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. GEHA is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.