|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (200 Building)
The Wellness Program Coordinator is the primary representative within the organization who leads the movement to achieve a culture of wellbeing among employees by implementing a comprehensive health promotion program in alignment with the goals and objectives or the organization.
• Participates as a full contributing member of the HR benefits team.
• Manages interventions, programming, campaigns, competitions and challenges that educate and engage the organization’s employees in healthy behaviors and measurable change in outcomes.
• Participates as the meeting organizer for the Wellbeing Committee and coordinates with the committee to plan initiatives consistent with the organization’s strategic goals.
• Develops a detailed understanding of the organization’s wellness programs with the ability to clearly communicate program requirements and other details to employees through phone calls, e-mails, promotional flyers and social media.
• Executes the annual tactical calendar/programming plan that is aligned with the objectives of the wellness program.
• Establishes metrics to ensure proper program evaluation and to measure the effectiveness of wellness initiatives.
• Directs and manages all activity associated with annual on-site screenings (to include scheduling, promotion and execution of individual screening events either individually or with designees).
• Evaluates the use of available tools and resources from the organization’s external vendor partners. As appropriate, leverages existing tools and resources to educate the employee population on the wellness program requirements and related resources.
• Conducts on-site wellness class or coordinate with external resources to provide wellness classes and/or Lunch & Learn meetings.
• Resolves critical project issues and finds amiable solutions for all parties protecting the organization’s interest and timelines.
• Facilitates Wellness Ambassador Meetings in the organization and assists/coordinates the responsibilities of the Ambassadors.
• Demonstrates a communication style which seeks and incorporates input from others and reflects consensus-building influence, leadership and initiative.
• Works with internal marketing department to create a robust communication plan. Collaborates on enterprise-wide communication of the program to include newsletters, email-based programs, etc. Helps maintain organization’s intranet.
• Functions as a point of reference for wellness/health promotion resources for employees. Communicates effectively with them to help navigate the wellness program portals and assist with questions.
• Remains current on wellness/health promotion industry trends, products and best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree in a health related area (i.e., exercise science, health promotions, health education or related field.
A minimum of five years of relevant business experience in the field. Project management experience or demonstrated organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines. Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization and their external vendor partners. Must understand the stages of change in relation to behavior modification programming. Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations surrounding bona-fide wellness programs. Embody sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects/tasks. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; articulate presentation skills; above-average proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and above-average verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently. Must be passionate and dedicated to personal health and well-being.
Knowledge of employee benefits insurance industry, healthcare and/or human resources preferred.