|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Independence, MO
The Organizational Development Specialist must be able to evaluate the needs of the organization and create, implement and lead talent development and learning initiatives. Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating organizational development solutions including succession planning, executive and senior leader education, and cultural change.
• Lead the delivery of Human Resources programs and processes such as organizational development, succession planning, executive and senior leadership talent development, and cultural change.
• Works closely with HR Leadership to coordinate efforts, communicate with HR and Learning colleagues, and ensure appropriate efficiencies and processes are in place to streamline and execute work.
• Work with business stakeholders to identify the success criteria of Organizational Development initiatives.
• Support the coordination and project management needed to successfully execute people development processes and initiatives.
• Provide support to drive project requirements and plans including managing timelines, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise.
• Develop necessary presentations and documentation to support decisions and ideas.
• Assess succession bench strength/gaps, identify capability needs and source strategies.
• Collaborate with HR and business leaders to create a talent pipeline while ensuring a diverse workforce.
• Complete ad-hoc and special projects as necessary and based on business need and changes.
• Support industry outreach and research necessary to ensure competitive practices and planning for people development strategy.
• Support ad-hoc HR projects, where appropriate.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Organizational Development or related field.
7+ years of experience in organization development, leadership, behavioral assessments, succession planning and/or learning development. Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mindset; building valuable relationships and collaboration. Excellent business acumen, project management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent MS Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) proficiency; and process and quantitative skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization - formally and informally. Competent at multi-tasking and managing demands across numerous projects
Master’s degree in Organizational Development