|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee's Summit, MO (201 Building)
The role of the Manager, Infrastructure Communications is to plan, organize, and manage the Infrastructure Communications team and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT communications infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network data/voice communications, and telecommunications systems. This role is responsible for direct management of Infrastructure Communications Team members. The Manager, Infrastructure Communications will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. The role will work closely with CTO to develop technical and strategic roadmaps for the network and telephony systems. As an Infrastructure leader, you will collaborate with all business units that utilize the telephony system to understand business needs and develop a technology roadmap to meet those business needs. The Infrastructure Manager will also work with all technical teams to ensure that every technical team is including Telephony in their individual roadmap. Furthermore, this role will collaborate with technology and security teams to clearly define network strategy for GEHA ecosystem. These technical teams include Infrastructure Platform, Infrastructure Communication, Enterprise Applications & Web development.
• Designs and implements short and long-term strategic plans to ensure communications infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management ensuring best practices for the organization’s infrastructure
• Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors team members. Helps team execute career development plans. Encourages team members to take responsibility for and drive infrastructure performance within the company. Challenges team members to progress toward their professional development goals.
• Develops strategies, manages and sets priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, telecommunications, internet, intranet, security, network, wireless implementations and any other areas of infrastructure.
• Build and maintains a 1-3 year technology roadmap for GEHA’s TIO team and participates in the development of IT strategies with management and the executive team. Defines hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
• Directs and manages network performance and analyzes network performance statistics and reports; develops strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
• Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
• Works effectively with Compliance and Security teams to stay ahead of emerging threats.
• Ensures requirements of federal information systems security standards are met by managing code sets, encryption, and other data security procedures necessary to protect identities and electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI).
• Manages disaster recovery programs and procedures for infrastructure communications that ensure mission-critical tasks continue with little impact on turnaround time and no impact on quality of service.
• Manages workload and assigns project priorities of Infrastructure Communications staff assigned to all areas of network and telecommunications functions. Ensures procedure manuals are current and employees are cross-trained in order to assist staff in related specialty areas.
• Manages the contractual expectations set for various vendors and contractors who are assigned to Infrastructure Communications goals.
• Manages LAN, WAN and data, voice circuit’s contracts. Ensure redundant and resilient service to the GEHA business with competitive pricing.
• Meet with business partners to review business requirements and understand the problem the business is trying to solve and ensuring that technical strategies include those requirements
• Engage SME’s on infrastructure communications team to conduct periodic reviews of technologies and recommend changes to CTO with detailed business cases.
• Design and recommend the appropriate solutions to best meet the requirements driven by CTO. Identify gaps in network & telephony area and proactively remove these gaps to avoid any business impact.
• Evaluate potential advancements in technical operations improvements through the use of collaborating with partner team SME’s, defining common objectives and methodologies, documenting requirements and providing technical solution options with our partnered customers.
• Evaluate vendor proposals and provide recommendations for network & telephony technologies.
• Leverage your technical experience to share knowledge and coach team members in technical subject matters across the telephony domain.
• Perform as an accountable team member of TIO leadership team for maintaining and improving overall efficiencies and productivity of TIO staff.
• Quality communication (written & oral) and technical skills are required to ensure quality support to business stake holders.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills. Maintains a positive and enthusiastic team attitude.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours). Additional years of qualifying work and/or educational experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires 8 years of experience with enterprise infrastructure in a LAN, WAN and telephony environment that includes 3-4 years supervisory experience. Requires ability to use a personal computer, effective organizational skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills to work with external vendors and user departments to explain technical procedures and negotiate resolution of work issues. Cisco CCNP Certified preferred, CCIE a plus. Experience with managing complex Telephony & IVR environment. Well rounded with experience in multiple contact center technologies including CTI, SIP, Genesys IVR, call routing and historical reporting, VoIP technologies. Solid understanding of Telephony systems, related services, and its system administration functions. ITIL v3 Foundations or higher preferred. Ability to work in both strategic and operational roles. Requires effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity. Incumbent is required to obtain knowledge of GEHA’s Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion and termination of employees that comply with its principles.