|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Supervisor: Director, DECOE
GEHA has recently developed a new Corporate Strategy, of which accelerating the development and delivery of Digitally Enabled Solutions is a key strategic priority. As part of executing this strategy, the organization is establishing a Digital Enablement team and a Digital Enablement Center of Excellence (DECOE) dedicated to delivering improved GEHA digital experiences. This team will help enable GEHA’s Transformation toward becoming a forward thinking, customer-focused and digitally enabled organization.
Under the direction of the DECOE Director, the Product Owner Lead will be responsible for leading large and small cross-functional teams tasked with defining, designing, validating and delivering digital solutions for both internal and external customers and users. They will bring the voice of the customer to life by utilizing quantitative and qualitative research findings across a wide variety of topics to inform how solutions are designed and developed.
This person will drive the definition, development and deployment of capabilities that substantially enhance the consumer’s digital experience, addressing GEHA’s strategic and financial objectives. They will work closely with our CX team and other key business partners to collect requirements, understand and help identify business value, understand required capabilities, and translate these to product requirements for development partners.
The Product Owner Lead will also partner with Business and CX Initiative Leads to help define research objectives and areas of exploration. As part of this, they will be responsible for working with design and research teams to develop concepts and prototypes for consumer testing and market validation.
Additionally, this role will continue to advance a digital-first discipline within the DECOE, allowing GEHA to continually improve its digital capabilities.
• Ability to work within an agile product delivery model and drive the scoping for new and existing digital product concepts including development of business case and supporting metrics, customer experience prototypes, business requirements and product specifications alongside the following digital partners: marketing, customer experience, technical and business stakeholders.
• Champions customer viewpoints by analyzing feedback from multiple touch points in order to optimize and ensure a superior customer experience. Maintain, optimize and refine product features and positioning based on performance and findings.
• Works with appropriate partners to extend solutions across all appropriate digital channels, including Web, Mobile Web and Mobile App.
• Ensures appropriate product testing and oversee user acceptance testing and support go-to-market planning in order to gain successful customer engagement and product adoption.
• Support usability testing for roadmap initiatives in the Test phase to ensure key business objectives are met. Reports results to partners and GEHA leadership.
• Works alongside analytical team partners, ensuring success measurement plans are executed and outcomes are communicated to the various constituents.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of research and analysis of customer behaviors and needs that impact GEHA’s digital efforts.
• Advises DECOE leadership on how to grow agile, product management and digital capabilities across the organization.
• Identifies new trends and issues across industries that may impact the DECOE’s strategic direction.
• Understands business requirements and educates business partners on how digital solutions can meet business needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 5+ years of experience in product development/management within a digital setting (ideally using agile development methods). Minimum 5+ years of experience taking on end-to-end product ownership and successfully delivering results in a dynamic and complex environment. Minimum 3+ years in project management including managing multiple projects in various phases, and balancing strategic thinking with tactical execution tasks. Minimum 3 years of experience using qualitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using quantitative data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations. Proven ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for stakeholders across different functional areas. Demonstrated experience in development digitally enabled, customer-facing products and services. Ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines. Ability to represent a digital-first mindset and its value across the organization. Familiarity with the design thinking process. Strong communication skills and ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization. Ability to bring together multiple teams or people from different disciplines (Marketing, IT, HR, frontline) to work together collaboratively to solve customer problems.
• Experience within the healthcare or insurance industry.
• Master’s degree in relevant field.
• Ability to influence partners to explore new opportunities to put the customer at the center.
• Proven ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable, and actionable for stakeholders across different functional areas.
• Demonstrated experience with customer-centered research and design techniques.
• Strong awareness of digital experience trends and how to apply them.
• Ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Design mindset – constantly looking for ways to improve things, to build on the ideas of others, to create and help to make things better.
• Exceptional people leadership skills, strong work ethic, dedication, and desire to succeed, in addition to strong initiative and resourcefulness.
• Technical savvy with a focus on continually improving customer experience and proven ability to multitask, effectively manage and adapt to evolving priorities.
• Tenacity and high energy level.