|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Philadelphia, PA
***THIS POSITION WILL TRAVEL THE FOUR STATE REGION OF PENNSYLVANIA, DELAWARE, NEW JERSEY, & WEST VIRGINIA***
Serves as a service and sales representative for GEHA, and is a primary contact for federal agency personnel, members and prospective members in an assigned territory. Works to secure new members and retains current membership. Responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships with agency contacts essential to organization’s success in membership growth and customer satisfaction. Possesses strong communications skills to engage customers, answer insurance questions and sell GEHA Plans. Identifies marketing opportunities: conducts presentations, coordinates shipments of supplies, and assists in the resolution of claims and service issues. Participates in development and implementation of sales and service strategies and supports new Outreach and Marketing communication initiatives.
• Meets with federal personnel representatives and plan enrollees to monitor the Plan’s services. Builds sales by prospecting for new customers and generates future revenue by nurturing existing customer relationships. Provides account service by acting as liaison between the company and assigned group of federal agencies and members. Assists with customer questions, concerns or requests, relays needs to the appropriate individual or department within the company and follows up with the customer.
• Plans, develops and executes sales strategies, through a customer relationship management program (CRM) and communication process for visiting/contacting federal agencies in an assigned territory. Meets an established production quota. Identifies those agencies with specific personnel functions and maintains account/agency records including contact and visit history and utilized records for planning and forecasting. Updates database accurately and regularly.
• Develops a monthly travel schedule of planned agency visits and other activities to meet established production and quality standards.
• Organizes and coordinates attendance at Open Season enrollment events, Agency Benefit Officers (ABO) Seminars, conventions, National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) meetings, health and wellness fairs, retirement briefings, and other federal events. Reports on these activities.
• Conducts presentations to member groups, retirees, and other designated parties to promote Plan benefits and services. Reports on activities.
• Provides creative input and marketing insights. Reports on regional marketing efforts and advertising programs for GEHA. Conducts market intelligence on competitors’ activities and market trends.
• Prepares monthly project report of all activities, including field office administrative tasks.
• Monitors and stays abreast of new developments and technology in their industry. Regularly attends annual training sessions, conferences and trade shows.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Business Administration, or Business Management. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires three years of work experience in health insurance (claims, communications, customer service, sales, public relations or marketing) and/or sales and marketing. Must be reliable and adaptive to change and meet deadlines. Requires strong attention to detail and effective time management skills. Exercises sound decision-making abilities. Identifies workplace problems and makes recommendations for solutions. Must be able to work independently, as well as to collaborate with members of a team. Requires knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Requires the ability to research and analyze plan documents. Requires superior verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated presentation skills.
Experience with Salesforce CRM
Skills (Test) Requirements