GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (200 Building)
Department: Center of Excellence
GEHA has recently developed a new Corporate Strategy, of which Customer Experience (CX) is a key strategic priority. As part of executing this strategy, the organization is establishing a Customer Experience team, a Center of Excellence (COE) dedicated to understanding and improving the GEHA customer experience. This team will help enable GEHA’s Transformation toward becoming a more customer-focused organization, putting the customer at the center of strategic decisions and embedding customer experience leading practices throughout the organization.
Under the direction of the CX Director, the CX Technical Solutions Lead will partner with the Digital Enablement COE (DECOE) as well as cross-enterprise teams to translate CX goals and business requirements into the development of customer-centric technical solutions that are aligned with business strategy.
The role will influence the full systems development life cycle, including designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting technology solutions that improve customer experience in various functions across GEHA. The CX Technical Solutions Lead will be responsible for proposals for how to guide implementation of CX projects and designs across multiple systems or technology platforms.
The role will support project management efforts through working closely with the CX Director, CX teams and primarily the CX Roadmap Manager to help insure cross-functional communication and integration, by identifying, capturing, documenting and disseminating all associated business requirements, cross-functional dependencies, business process impacts and customer touchpoint impacts. He/she will be responsible for clearly articulating these impacts to impacted CX business owners to support decision-making and translating into executable requirements for IT (and in some cases the business) to consume and enable.
Additionally, this role will be a member of cross-functional CX Initiatives with large IT components and will help plan, develop, test, and implement IT solutions.
Essential job functions for this role are described below. These functions can be seen as the expectation at “steady state,” once the CX Team is established in the months to come.
• Participates in business planning sessions to understand business goals, direction, and requirements, and provides input from a CX COE perspective as well as from an IT perspective.
• Serves as the liaison between the CX COE and the IT function, especially the DECOE, in coordination with project and Initiative managers, and recommends solutions that satisfy technical and business requirements while improving the customer experience.
• Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture for the design and implementation of solutions, and identifies gaps or issues.
• Develops customer use cases to ensure that the customer experience is considered throughout design and testing phases, and analyzes testing results to provide recommendations for improvement.
• Executes process mapping to support design of internal process changes and/or member touchpoint changes impacted by the initiatives.
• Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies related to customer experience (across industries) and brings innovative solutions to GEHA by participating in the evaluation, selection and application of new and emerging tools and techniques.
• Works collaboratively with the CX Roadmap Manager, CX team, PMO and other project managers assigned to transformation projects to insure cross-functional integration and prevent duplication of capability/process designing.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area or equivalent work experience.
Requires 4+ years of experience in IT roles. Strong understanding of technology platforms and systems across multiple business functions. Experience using Agile methodology. Requires 2+ years of experience in business process engineering. Demonstrated experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve common objectives. Ability to negotiate, build consensus, and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on user needs, understanding of business processes, and knowledge of leading CX practices. Ability to balance multiple projects and CX initiatives with competing deadline. Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate concisely with business stakeholders and IT resources and make the appropriate communications “translations” of the two. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Displaying Technical Expertise
• Driving for Results
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer Focus
• Teamwork & Collaboration
• Acting Decisively
• Building Relationships
• Detail-oriented, with system for consistent follow-up and follow-through
• 2+ years of experience with customer experience projects.
• Experience within the healthcare industry
• Demonstrated experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Master’s degree in relevant field
• Strong project management skills
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
• Six Sigma certification (preferred) or relevant business process management experience
• Experience with requirements capturing software