|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee's Summit, MO (310 Building)
Provides a wide range of analytical support and serves as a key point of coordination between the Analytics division and the business units. Proactively understands and identifies the needs of business units and with the support of analytic solutions, technology and people within the Analytics division delivers on those needs. Creates new insights within existing analytic solutions and serves as a business champion for new development.
• Serve as liaison for business units to the Analytics division, reporting back impactful opportunities for new analytics and solutions that align with corporate strategy.
• Manage and mentor small team of Analysts to design and develop new insights for delivery to business units.
• Become a “Super User” of analytic solutions and technologies to use for insight delivery as well as teach and train other business users.
• Perform ongoing systematic analysis with data and solutions available to encourage new opportunities within the enterprise.
• Proactively identify new data sources to incorporate into enterprise data environment.
• Encourage and support self-service architecture to promote the enterprise goal of being an insight-driven organization.
• Facilitate monitoring and reporting of analytic solution usage to identify opportunities and strategies to increase adoption.
• Conduct user interface testing for new analytic solutions.
• Participate in enterprise Data Governance efforts.
• Incorporate file control totals, benchmark comparisons, statistical profiling and other appropriate techniques to ensure quality and reliability of results.
• Handle all data in accordance with HIPAA, departmental and corporate guidelines to safeguard privacy and confidentiality, applying appropriate techniques to mask and encrypt sensitive data being sent outside the company.
Requires a four year degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Computer Science or Statistics.
Requires five years of experience in a Healthcare role. Requires three years of experience in a Data Analytics or Data Management role. Ability to gain trust and earn the respect of colleagues and external parties. Works in an effective manner with team members and colleagues across multiple divisions and departments. Acts with the appropriate sense of urgency to achieve results and meet expectations. Requires previous experience managing staff, including hiring, training, managing workload and performance. Requires experience utilizing self-service tools to access analytics and reports. Requires experience with common visualization tools (Power BI, Tableu, Qlik). Requires experience with data extraction techniques (SQL)
Demonstrates advanced level of:
-Analytical and research skills.
-Problem solving and negotiation skills.
-Communication and presentation skills.
-Ability to translate business problems into meaningful insights.
-Project, organizational and time management skills.
-Flexibility, including the ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines, while prioritizing effectively.
-Commitment to excellence and continual improvement.