|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 5
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Supervisor: Jason Horton/Nicole Jeffries
The Data Warehouse Designer, Analytics will serve in a critical role within GEHA’s Analytic Center of Excellence (ACOE), serving as the primary champion for data requirements to ensure data will be moved and transformed appropriately within data warehouse. Proven ability to translate a business need into a clearly documented and conveyed requirement is critical to successful performance in this role. This role will work closely with the Analytic Solutions and Analytic Delivery teams to ensure alignment across the longitudinal evolution of capturing data to creating actionable insights.
• Collaborate with Solution Owners, Business Analysts and their internal customers to understand, document and translate data requirements.
• As a member of the BI Engineering Team, ensure data storage structures support the needs of the business and analytic solutions, serving as the liaison for ensuring data is usable for end-user solutions and activities.
• Produce user stories and business requirements documentation by identifying information gaps in the data platform and eliciting analytic requirements from business units.
• Communicates project progress and status to their Manager and with other members of the ACOE Team.
• Evaluates existing data within the data warehouse as well as new data sources available. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
• Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/ stakeholders that requirements accurately portray specific needs.
• Participate in Data Governance meetings/efforts, enabling standards and processes for data usage, and identify opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement. Ensure that all data lineage from source system to warehouse is in line with Governance standards and criteria.
• Performs extensive data discovery and user acceptance testing to ensure deployment of data within the warehouse will meet the needs of users of the data.
• Design, review and/or contribute to processes intended to support the acceptance of solutions as credible to technical and non-technical users of the information.
• Encourage and support a self-service architecture to promote a trusted source of distributed analytic capabilities and insights, leading the enterprise in its goal to be an insight-driven organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Three years of experience in an Analytic Designer or Business Analysis role in a healthcare environment. Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to negotiate and compromise. Strong understanding and familiarity with Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Data Science concepts and capabilities. Ability to translate business questions and objectives into meaningful solutions and tasks for technical teams to execute towards, ensuring alignment among multiple teams for a coordinated approach. Experience with relational databases and writing T-SQL or PL/SQL to assist with data discovery and data quality. Familiarity creating PowerPivot workbooks in Excel and interacting with OLAP cubes. Familiarity with self-service tools, including Data Visualization (ex: Tableau, Power BI, Qlik). Familiarity with operational data stores, dimensional modeling, and hierarchies. Ability to write user stories, manage a backlog/story board, create enhancement/defect work items and change management tickets (e.g., using TFS and Service Now). Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills, with an eye for creative solutions and innovation.