|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 4
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Bldg)
Works to design applications that will create automated test scripts and to convert manual test scripts into automated test scripts which includes to: design, create, test and implement these solutions in order to automate as much of the manual test preparation as possible by using codes and scripts. Works with the quality assurance test team to identify challenges that could cause problems during the test automation process, with business analysts to understand the requirements of the test and with developers who have created the application being tested. Must know when to implement automated solutions and in what order. Reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance/Testing.
• Reviews business requirements, functional specifications and technical specifications for automated test creation.
• Writes comprehensive automated test plans, test cases, and test scripts with input from the business analyst, project manager, quality assurance test team, technical lead, and business subject matter expert.
• Leverage functional test scenarios and convert them into automated test scripts.
• Provide level of effort for Quality Assurance automated testing.
• Update and execute automated scripts.
• Develops an understanding of the GEHA business environment to ensure that the automated solutions are consistent with long-term business and application directions. Proposes automated testing solutions to solve application or system problems and develops appropriate explanations to justify these solutions.
• Develops automated metrics that will quantify and provide impartial observations into the test process.
• Responsible for training and coaching of Quality Assurance team in use of the automated test scripts.
• Effectively communicates automated test direction to Quality Assurance team members. Develops and maintains strong relationships with peers, vendors and business stakeholders through interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Responsible for creating automated test scripts for unit, functional/system, acceptance and regression testing, with each type having the ability to be repeatable.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration or a degree in a related field. Additional years of direct experience demonstrating proficiency in an automated test environment may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires three years automated testing experience. Requires knowledge and experience in applying automation scripts to support functional testing and regression testing in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Requires experience in Microsoft Coded UI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). Requires effective leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Requires ability to effectively prioritize, execute and lead tasks in a high-pressure environment. Requires ability to develop and maintain automation scripts. Requires ability to work independently on projects and collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Requires strong understanding of web technologies and protocols. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.