|Open Positions: 2
Location: Independence, MO (Landmark Building)
Responsible for direct supervision of a team involved in the performance of specific, routine tasks. Work is planned in the immediate time frame. Uses professional expertise to ensure accomplishment of work group goals. Addresses escalated issues within work area. Many times the team does a similar function so the types of supervision required is of the same nature.
• Responsible for routine employee selection, performance and disciplinary decisions with hire/fire responsibility.
• Leads team involved in the performance of specific, routine tasks or work that needs guidance to complete task that are non-routine and do not have written processes documented.
• Accountable for work group objectives where goals and processes are defined.
• Seeks the cooperation of others concerning specific projects or deadlines.
• Influences internal department management on set processes, deadlines and guidelines.
• Personal contacts require understanding of department guidelines and procedures. External contacts limited to department escalations from the team.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires at least three years of experience that includes qualifying supervisory experience. Requires thorough knowledge of area that will be managed so can direct on items outside documented guidelines. Requires effective verbal and written communication skills. Organizational skills are necessary to respond to inquiries, set schedules, meet project deadlines and instruct employees. Incumbent is required to obtain knowledge of GEHA’s Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion and termination of employees that comply with its principles.
*Experience in outbound call center environment
*Process and strategy oriented
*Health care or health insurance experience with knowledge of industry standards
*Analytic and decision making experience
*Ability to research new ideas and concepts
*Rx benefits experience
*Experience in Inbound and Outbound call center environment
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470 with a total of five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.