|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 3
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Department: Solutions & Intelligence
Designs, develops, implements and supports client server based applications to meet business needs of GEHA and subsidiaries. Works closely with the Team Lead and Applications Architect to develop solutions.
• Consults with uses and technical staff, determines needs and designs application based solutions. Capable of suggesting alternate approaches to fulfill user needs.
• Develops and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies and procedures. Assists with employee training on newly developed applications.
• Communicates project progress and status to the Team Lead.
• Analyzes and implements application development solutions to meet the business needs using the .Net framework, C#, MS Visual Studio, SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, debugging applications and creating unit tests.
• Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
• Must maintain knowledge of current and upcoming technologies
• Mentors junior developers, conducts code reviews and acts as a resource to others to resolve problems.
• Participates in sessions, presentations and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of network operating systems. Requires knowledge of consuming Web API’s. Requires understanding
of end-user needs and requirements. Requires knowledge of relational database design. Requires 3-5 years of experience in SQL development (SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS). Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement. Requires 3-5 years of experience in software development using .NET technologies (C#). Requires effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively maintain focus and productivity while working on multiple projects simultaneously with moderate supervision and guidance.
Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Science or a related field.