|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
***THIS IS A 24/7 ENVIRONMENT. CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING 4PM - 12AM SHIFT***
The GEHA Technology and Risk Division’s Operations Center is looking for a motivated individual to join a dynamic team that continues to raise the bar and set new standards within our company. The primary candidate must be comfortable in taking on the challenges of working within a 24 x 7 environment that is constantly monitoring the IT infrastructure and questioning how we could do it better. This individual's technical and analytical skills need to be well-rounded as well as maintaining the ability to remain positive while working hand in hand with multiple different teams within GEHA.
The environment is fast paced and we are looking for a person who is both proactive and responsive to be a high-level contributor and mentor in this role.
This role will execute and have oversight into the front line which is responsible for multiple technical platforms including security events, daily batch processing, backup remediation, network and infrastructure monitoring, and other tasks as deemed by each respective department 24 x 7. This role will work within the Operations team, independently, and with other technical teams to take ownership of all incoming events and to continuously review the infrastructure for anomalies. As a Senior Operations Analyst you will be accountable for ensuring day to day tasks and incidents are prioritized and proactively handled along with analyzing other Operational team members day to day work for accuracy and completeness.
• Responsible for oversight and execution of Event\Request\Incident Management across multiple technical platforms (Server, Security, Batch Processing, Windows, Backup platform, etc.).
• Capable of matching varying system and application events and anomalies to formulate a response to divergent operational issues where no clear operating procedures exists.
• Ensures that batch processing jobs and systems are being monitored and executed using GEHA best practice and standards.
• Executes and provides operational oversight of standard and advanced maintenance, procedures, and functions as defined by technical teams.
• Prioritizes issues of varying severity, and effectively manages the resolution or escalation of all issues within accepted service level objectives.
• Reviews Operational shift reports, problem logs, and run requests on a daily basis to validate accuracy and completeness on a daily basis.
• Proactively identifies and recommends procedural changes to enhance Operational Service Delivery via automation or streamlining of current processes.
• Execution and development of Operational reports; both defined as well as on an as needed basis.
• Assists and facilitates in the expansion of technical and Operational knowledge to the team.
• Proactively stays current with technical skills via training and certifications.
Requires two years of college (60 Hours) and ANY TWO qualifying certifications (listed below):
**Certifications greater to or equivalent to: CompTIA (A+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, Network +, etc)
*Combination of qualifying work experience, college credits or technical certifications may be considered.
Requires four years of relevant work experience in Enterprise IT or Technical Security. Requires intermediate to advanced level knowledge of administering server operating systems (Windows and/or Linux), batch scheduling systems, Active Directory administration, TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, PING), shared storage, virtualization, database architecture, writing and reading SQL queries, Splunk, virus and malware threats and other technical related incidents. Requires individual who utilizes current technical knowledge and analytical skills to assess, troubleshoot, triage, and remediate batch processes, enterprise applications, and operational health of servers, systems and components as well as security and infrastructure events. Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written. Must be a self-starter possessing excellent time management skills, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/or direction, and demonstrate solid leadership skills.