GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Works with Business Analysts to review requirements for testability. With input from the Project Manager, QA/Testing Manager, and Senior QA Analyst, creates the QA/Testing work plan including testing tasks, time estimations, and dependencies for small and medium-sized projects. Writes comprehensive test cases and test scripts. Performs testing, assigns defect severity, and manages defects throughout the project. Routinely communicates test status to the Senior QA Analyst and Project Manager. Reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance/Testing.
• Reviews business requirements, functional specifications and technical specifications for testability and participates in all formal review sessions.
• Writes comprehensive test cases and test scripts with input from the business analyst, Senior QA Analyst, technical lead, and business subject matter expert. Schedules and leads test document review sessions as necessary.
• Estimates the testing activities of small to medium-sized projects and coordinates and controls the testing activities associated. Routinely communicates status to project manager, QA/Testing manager and project team.
• Develops an understanding of the GEHA business environment to ensure that the QA/Testing solutions are consistent with long-term business and application directions. Maintains knowledge of current QA/Testing methodologies and approaches to better provide testing solutions to the business.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with peers, vendors and business stakeholders through interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Exhibits technical influence by developing accurate and comprehensive test cases and test scripts, which positively impact business performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires 3 years QA/Testing experience. Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Requires ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement.