|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
The SharePoint Developer role is to sustain and improve GEHA’s SharePoint performance and ensure the stability of our portal through detailed development and testing of leading-edge solutions around the core concepts of business process management, collaboration business intelligence and enterprise content management. This role will work with all stakeholders (including business leaders and end users) to analyze business needs, design appropriate SharePoint custom solutions and ensure that the solutions meet stakeholder expectations.
• Leads the designing of custom solution architectures.
• Designs and develops solutions that customize and extend SharePoint in a manner that fulfills business opportunities, as prioritized by the executive sponsors and leadership. This includes integration with other enterprise systems and third-party products.
• Provides leadership to the system development lifecycle for SharePoint custom solutions, including analysis, design, configuring, programming and testing.
• Manages file size limits and site quotas.
• Participates in SharePoint infrastructure projects.
• Examines existing business processes and identifies gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements and automation, including workflow and content management.
• Integrates non-SharePoint related services into SharePoint applications as needed.
• Leads the design, support and testing of the SharePoint disaster recovery solution.
• Conducts research on emerging SharePoint development tools and strategies.
• Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
• Develops and promotes best practices for usage, operations and development.
• Provides operational support and routine maintenance of the system by performing usage monitoring and analysis, scheduled tasks, and keeping the system current with security releases and system upgrades.
• Continually strives to improve the efficiency and usability of our SharePoint solutions, leveraging ongoing research and understanding business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.