GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Field Location – Washington, D.C.
***THIS POSITION WILL TRAVEL THE REGION OF WASHINGTON D.C., VIRGINIA, and MARYLAND***
The Sales Supervisor/Outreach Administrator leads, develops and coordinates the activities of a sales team in an assigned region. Responsible for leading and providing strategic support and consulting for sales staff, while supporting staff development and growth. Drives sales efforts, retention strategies, and identification of high potential engagement areas, in support of company growth objectives. Sets specific sales plans and reporting metrics, to develop a cohesive and profitable sales strategy and team. Provides leadership to sales team with emphasis on planning and analysis, market research, and building effective sales strategies. Leads the sales team in strategies to maintain and grow membership. Achieves the goal of helping the company reach the next level of growth, by increasing market share through strategic sales strategies.
- Leads sales team while establishing and maintaining a book of business to supplement existing sales efforts.
- Creates strategies and tactics for driving growth in high potential areas. This includes developing presentations and facilitating training sessions on new strategies for promoting GEHA’s products and services.
- Works with leadership team to establish metrics and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of sales activities. Captures leads and analyzes sales against marketing efforts. Continuously feeds market intelligence to the sales team and sets specific sales goals to achieve growth targets.
- Partners with all sales team members to develop market and competitive intelligence, with the goal of identifying new opportunities, trends and tactics that support GEHA’s growth strategy.
- Serves as a mentor and provides coaching and support to regional sales team. Recommends sales and performance improvement strategies to help drive company growth and individual development, while maintaining consistency and quality among sales team.
- Supports federal agency/Agency Benefits Officer outreach for assistance at requested federal employee events. Participates as a resource during new hire orientation to help train employees on federal benefits and GEHA options. Works with Manager and Account Executives to increase awareness and membership growth at federal agencies year-round. Leads sales team in developing strategic plans by extending GEHA’s service and support. Supervises and reviews Account Executive’s sales plans and event schedules.
- Provides innovative ideas to assist in promoting our brand and products. Communicates with marketing and other internal teams to assist in the development and review of appropriate sales materials.
- Supervises and monitors the work of assigned sales team. Maintains an annual schedule to visit team members one-on-one. Coordinates work schedule with Manager and Senior Account Executives.
- Assists Manager with preparation, review and confirmation of sales team’s monthly productivity reports and survey responses; recommends additional development and growth opportunities with Account Executives, as needed.
- Evaluates staff performance and prepares sales team’s performance evaluations. Assists Manager with interviews and hiring of new sales team members.
- Assists Manager with: updating and maintaining sales team’s policy and procedure manual; training sales team on Plan changes; providing input and ideas for updating sales tool; preparation/planning for GEHA attendance at Open Season health fairs.
- Assists, trains and coaches contracted Open Season representatives and provides additional support, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Sales Management or Behavioral Sciences. Additional qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires 3-5 years’ of experience in sales/business development in a marketing or business related field, including lead or supervisory experience. Advanced skills in consulting, coaching, facilitation and knowledge of sales concepts and processes. Ability to scope, communicate, diagnose, design, manage interventions and evaluate performance. Excellent team management and leadership skills. Adapt a variety of tools/methods to support leadership implementing selected strategies and organizational designs. Strategic/big picture thinker. Strong attention to detail. Problem solving and strong business acumen; and broad business development skills. Demonstrate personal integrity, confidence, diplomacy, and flexibility. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work effectively with a remote team. Ability to make decisions and operate independently on complex issues and business requirements. Required to travel at least 50% of the month. Requires knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Strong data analysis skills. Requires the ability to research and analyze plan documents.
- Experience within the healthcare industry
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Excellent presentation development skills
- Distinctive problem solving and impeccable business judgment
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively
Skills (Test) Requirements