|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (310 Building)
Department: Strategic Partner Management
Responsible for managing the Strategic Partnership Management department through the essential subjects of Vendor Due Diligence, Vendor Selection, Vendor Onboarding, Contract Implementation, Performance Measurement, Contract Monitoring, Contract Expiration and Vendor Off-boarding. This is a critical role within GEHA’s Health and Business Services division and will work closely with business customers to ensure effective collaboration and alignment across the enterprise and support functions. Reports directly to Director, Health Services.
• Manage the life cycle of the RFI and RFP processes.
• Research possible vendor partners to meet changing member and business needs via effective and differentiating programs and services.
• Work with business customers to prepare RFP (including requirements and questions).
• Manage the delivery and distribution of RFPs to selected candidates.
• Work with Business Customers and Business Support Functions (Legal, Finance, Security & Risk, Human Resources, OPM Affairs, Compliance, and PMO) to score RFPs and draft an Executive Summary to present the RFP results and findings.
• Evaluates, summarizes, and advises on contract proposals.
• Assist in establishing appropriate SLAs and metrics for key vendor relationships.
• Support Business Customers as needed during the implementation of a strategic partner.
• Creates vendor performance metrics and reporting to document vendor performance, prepare vendor performance summary to monitor contract performance during the bi-annual review of all strategic partners.
• Create corrective action plans to address vendor performance issues.
• Manage relationships, performance and delivery with internal partners and lead matrix management efforts and initiatives.
• Work in partnership with Business Stakeholders and Business Support Functions to ensure the effective collaboration and execution across the lifecycle of a strategic partner: from RFI/RFP to Contract Expiration.
• Collaborate with Business Stakeholders to identify, prioritize and develop new solution ideas, leading the implementation of chosen initiatives that integrate company strategy and best practices.
• Maintains accurate inventory of contracts and key contract dimensions.
• Responsible for timely contract renewal or termination, provide timely alerts to business owners for upcoming contract negotiations.
• Provide contract/vendor management guidance and training to business owners.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees.
• Accomplishes department goals by communicating job expectations, managing team performance, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing policies, procedures and productivity standards.
• Manages the team capacity to ensure workload is resourced properly before approval to begin RFP process. Works with EPMO to assign resources to projects requiring a vendor and reviews quarterly forecasts on capacity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, related field or equivalent work experience.
Requires a minimum of one year of supervisory (direct report) management. Requires a minimum of six years of healthcare experience with a focus in account management, large vendor/strategic partnerships, analytics, consulting, or business development, with at least two years in a leadership position. Requires a minimum of three years of experience in negotiating terms & conditions and managing complex contracts over $20 million. Highly motivated, strategic thinker, excellent communication and presentation skills. Highly organized and able to effectively keep track of moving parts across projects and adapt to new information and goals. Ability to build relationships with business stakeholders effectively at every level, from frontline staff to plan executives. Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and sometimes nebulous environment.