|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Designs, develops, implements and supports application development data integration solutions to meet business needs. Provides technical leadership in analyzing system solutions within a project team. Applies data management skills including reporting, normalization, field mapping, duplicate record detection, and regression analysis. Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. Works closely with Lead Application Developer, business and technical staff to develop system solutions and plan training requirements for application implementations.
• Consults with user and Information Services staff, determines needs, and designs application development based solutions. Suggests alternative approaches to meet user requirements.
• Analyzes business processes, workflow, database requirements, user requirements and existing business application functionality; develops project scopes, feasibility studies, and system requirements. May serve as Product or Project Lead on a development team.
• Plans, executes, and manages the strategic integration of new data and data stores into existing systems and infrastructure throughout the enterprise, including cloud services as applicable.
• Responds to requests for data or for data analysis including reporting, normalization, field mapping, and duplicate record detection using SQL-based query languages or reporting software.
• Conducts research on emerging data integration products, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development, security, and ongoing integration efforts.
• Develops and maintains technical design documentation, user guides, policies and procedures. Ensures training of individuals for newly developed applications.
• Communicates project progress and status to the Lead Application Developer or with other members in the Solutions and Intelligence Team.
• Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
• Performs extensive data discovery and unit testing to ensure deployment of quality solutions early in the software development lifecycle.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Services. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires six to nine years of experience in application development that includes proficiency with Microsoft Software (Visual Studio, .NET, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server, VB Scripting and related scripting languages), MS Office Products and source management tool (TFS) or three years of experience in a comparable SQL development environment. Excellent working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Azure SQL Database including but not limited to designing and tuning stored procedures. Solid experience and understanding of ESB/ETL tools such as Dell Boomi or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Experience observing change management and code promotion through non-production environments. Experience in designing systems that use XML/XSLT and/or JSON. Exposure to PowerShell and/or other scripting tools and techniques. Exposure to batch processing tools and concepts. Ability to develop data translation objects and data processing flow using modern tools and adapt to new ones as they become available. Proven ability to work independently to coordinate and solve highly complex technical data transformation issues. Hands-on experience analyzing customer data specifications and providing gap analysis. Ability to effectively communicate with customers to clarify data format requirements. Strong technical grasp of subject area and ability to mentor others regarding setup and development of integration technologies, including internal toolsets and processes, XSLT, solution configuration and related techniques. Requires effective communication and presentation skills, and ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.