|Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will work within the Analytic Center of Excellence, including responsibility for testing data and solutions for the Data Warehouse, Analytic Solutions and Analytic Delivery teams. Works with Business Analysts to review requirements for testability. With input from the Project Manager and Portfolio QA Analyst, creates the QA/Testing Work plan including testing tasks, time estimations, and dependencies for large projects. Writes comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts. Performs testing, assigns defect severity, and manages defects throughout the project. Routinely communicates test status to the Portfolio QA Analyst and the project team. Reports to the Manager, Quality Assurance/Testing.
• Reviews business requirements, functional specifications and technical specifications for testability and participates in all formal review sessions.
• Writes comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts with input from the business analyst, project manager, Portfolio QA Analyst, technical lead, and business subject matter expert. Schedules and leads test document review sessions as necessary.
• Estimates the testing activities of large and/or complex projects and coordinates and controls the testing activities associated. Routinely communicates status to project manager, QA/Testing manager and project team.
• Develops an understanding of the GEHA business environment to ensure that the QA/Testing solutions are consistent with long-term business and application directions. Proposes complex testing solutions to solve application or system problems and develops appropriate explanations to justify these solutions. Maintains knowledge of current QA/Testing methodologies and approaches to better provide testing solutions to the business.
• Identifies, documents, and monitors project test risks, including the development of contingency plans and the escalation of major risks and issues to the project manager and Portfolio QA analyst.
• Assists with the creation of metrics that will quantify and provide objective observations for the test process.
• Assists in management of subordinate staff and in planning, execution, and delegation of appropriate technical activities. Assists in training, mentoring and coaching of QA analysts.
• Effectively communicates QA/Testing direction to Portfolio QA Analyst, Global Project Services team members, and business stakeholders. Develops and maintains strong relationships with peers, vendors and business stakeholders through interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Exhibits technical influence by developing accurate and comprehensive test plans, test cases and test scripts, which positively impact business performance. Develops skills of application developers, business analysts and project managers through effective QA/Testing leadership and coaching.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
Additional years of direct experience demonstrating proficiency in a test environment may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires five years of high level quality assurance testing including experience in a lead role. Excellent understanding of Relational Databases, Data Warehousing and Analytic Concepts. Ability to write and automate test scripts in a SQL environment. Requires effective leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Requires ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement and problem solving. Previous experience in Healthcare Insurance Industry Preferred.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.