|Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
The Business Analyst interacts with internal and external customers to identify needs and determine solutions that deliver maximum value for moderate to complex projects. Maintains a strict adherence to departmental standards related to documentation and artifacts and provides peer review for the work of other business analysts. Provides mentorship to other business analysts through both formal and informal activities.
• Works as primary business analyst on moderately or significantly complex projects and initiatives. Coordinates with project manager to document change requests for in-flight projects.
• Follow established business analysis practices to elicit needs, analyze opportunities, and recommend solutions that deliver maximum value.
• Utilizes Jama to record requirements and ensure signoff is obtained so requirements are delivered on or before the due date. Champions department standards for documentation and ensures that all assigned projects are in compliance and able to withstand audit scrutiny. Reviews the work of less senior analysts to ensure compliance.
• Participates in business process and technology initiatives to improve business performance. Provides guidance in QA work when requested so the appropriate level of testing is planned and executed.
• Recommends best in class technology solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on core systems, technology strategies and standards.
• Ensures that all items under their responsibility follow the SDLC including all applicable change management processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration. Requires four to five years of relevant technical or business work experience with demonstrated quality assurance, risk management and project management experience. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Must have background and experience with Business Analysis toolkit including an understanding of systems development lifecycles, architecture and frameworks, problem solving and root cause analysis methods, Use cases, data and process modeling skills and document business process models.
Sr. Business Analyst
• Works as the primary or sole business analyst on large enterprise projects. Responsible for coordinating assignments of other business analyst while ensuring a cohesive approach to the project.
• Demonstrates a mastery of their area of expertise and maintains sufficient knowledge of the issues and initiatives of the Business Analysis team in order to provide updates to management as needed.
• Serves as a champion of departmental standards for documentation and ensures that all assigned projects are in compliance and able to withstand audit scrutiny.
• Provides mentorship to other Business Analysts regarding best practices for the business analysis discipline.
• Demonstrates an ability to lead others in a variety of settings. Frequently lead other Business Analysts in various efforts and will also lead cross-functional teams when working on projects or serving on committees.
• Coordinates with the Manager, Business Analysis to maintain a broad understanding of department-wide efforts and to ensure that decisions are made within that context. Frequently serves in a support or advisory role on multiple project initiatives.
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends and best practices to recommend optimal solutions to GEHA. Participates with industry work groups or industry volunteer groups to further knowledge and to build key relationships with others in the industry.
• Acts as primary contact with project managers to provide updates and to coordinate efforts in order to maintain timely deliverables. Ensures the Project Manager is aware of any change requests in or to help manage scope creep.
• Functions as liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. Documents current-state processes. Supports and enhances current applications and provides direction to end users on available functionality and capabilities.
• Communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze business needs. Defines technology needs through business cases and other appropriate methods enabling business and technology change.
• Maintains a calm and composed demeanor and brings disparate viewpoints to a place of common understanding through skilled negotiation and diplomacy. Maintains a neutral viewpoint when working with customers yet understands when their SME-level knowledge is appropriate to interject into the conversation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field. Requires six plus years of relevant work experience with demonstrated business analysis expertise. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Must have background and experience with the Business Analysis toolkit including an understanding of systems development lifecycles, architecture and frameworks, problem solving and root cause analysis methods, use cases, data and process modeling skills, and the ability to document business process models.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470 with a total of five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.