|Location: Lee’s Summit, MO
Department: Actuarial and Analytic Services
Supervisor: Scott Robidoux
Leader within the Analytics division providing a wide range of analytical support and serves as a key point of coordination to the business units. Proactively understands and identifies the needs of business units and delivers on those needs with the support of analytical solutions, technology and people. Creates new insights within existing analytic solutions and serves as a business champion for new development.
• Serves as a technical manager of people within the Analytic Delivery team that oversees and augments the user-interface interaction with the self-service environment. Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors team members. Helps team execute career development plans.
• Continually engage departments to understand and deliver on analytical needs. Manages day-to-day internal client interaction and helps set expectations. Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions. Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Be “superuser” and champion of analytic solutions and technologies to use for insight delivery as well as teach and train other business users.
• Perform ongoing systematic analysis with data and solutions available to encourage new opportunities within the enterprise.
• Proactively identify new data sources to incorporate into enterprise data environment.
• Encourage and support self-service architecture to promote the enterprise goal of being an insight-driven organization.
• Facilitate monitoring and reporting of analytic solution usage to identify opportunities and strategies to increase adoption.
• Conduct user interface testing for new analytic solutions.
• Participate in enterprise Data Governance efforts.
• Incorporate file control totals, benchmark comparisons, statistical profiling and other appropriate techniques to ensure quality and reliability of results.
• Handle all data in accordance with HIPAA, departmental and corporate guidelines to safeguard privacy and confidentiality, applying appropriate techniques to mask and encrypt sensitive data being sent outside the company.
• Requires a four year degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative discipline.
• Requires five years of experience in a Healthcare role.
• Requires three years of experience in a Data Analytics or Data Management role.
• Requires previous experience managing staff, including hiring, training, managing workload and performance.
• Requires experience utilizing self-service tools to access analytics and reports.
• Requires experience with common visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
• Demonstrates advanced level of:
o Analytical and research skills
o Problem solving and negotiation skills
o Communication and presentation skills
o Ability to translate business problems into meaningful insights
o Project, organizational and time management skills
o Flexibility, including the ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines, while prioritizing effectively;
o Commitment to excellence and continual improvement
o Ability to gain trust and earn the respect of colleagues and external parties.
o Works in an effective manner with team members and colleagues across multiple divisions and departments.
o Acts with the appropriate sense of urgency to achieve results and meet expectations.
• Incumbent is required to obtain knowledge of GEHA’s Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion, and termination of employees that comply with its principles.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470 with a total of five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.