|Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Department: Analytic Center of Excellence
The Lead Metadata Analyst Lead will serve in a dedicated, lead role within GEHA’s Analytic Center of Excellence (ACOE), serving as the key point of coordination for the assigned Functional Stewards to facilitate Data Governance activities and decisions. Through building relationships with Functional Stewards, this role will be responsible and accountable for identifying, documenting, maintaining and recommending improvements for enterprise data assets. This role will report directly to the Director, Analytic Solutions and will have a small team of direct reports. This role will work closely with the Data Integration and Analytic Delivery teams to ensure alignment across the longitudinal evolution of capturing data to creating actionable insights.
• Lead a team of Metadata Analysts, including setting direction and priority for Data Governance activities, assigning and overseeing tasks of team members, and coaching/mentoring.
• Build relationships with key business and/or functional stakeholders, including identified functional Data Stewards, to facilitate business buy-in for Data Governance and ultimately Analytic Governance.
• Collaborate with functional Data Stewards to develop business data rules & definitions for Enterprise Analytic use, proactively identifying new dimensions & metrics and serving as the primary resource for ongoing maintenance.
• Establish best practices for GEHA Data Governance, including charter, policies and procedures, and provide implementation support throughout the organization.
• Assign and document data ownership roles, including elements, definitions, transformations, calculations, etc. to the appropriate functional Data Steward(s), ensuring all key participants are granted appropriate input rights.
• Engage with key functional leadership to reinforce data governance objectives, secure buy-in and ensure functional accountability.
• Utilize GEHA’s selected Master Data Management tools to implement and manage data assets, and make recommendations for tools and functionality to support enterprise needs.
• Recommend and implement data quality control practices, including translating results to ensure end-users can access and understand, in a repeatable fashion.
• Facilitate the adherence to Data Governance policies and procedures throughout the enterprise, identifying new areas of focus as well as providing implementation & maintenance support.
• Facilitate data sharing activities, helping to both foster the cultural shift to a data-driven organization as well as support cross-functional communication.
• Develop requirements and processes for data quality reporting & alerting, contributing to the management of data quality and/or data conflict.
• Strengthen the enterprise mindset of treating data as asset through serving as a sponsor to business units, overseeing and aiding with efforts to embed process controls for data management where applicable.
• Identify opportunities for new data quality monitoring activities and work to resolve any data quality issues that arise within the context of the ACOE.
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field.Experience Requirements
5+ years’ experience with Data Management/Data Analytics.
3+ years’ experience in Healthcare.
3+ years' management experience.
1-2 years’ experience of data analysis and profiling utilizing tools such as SQL.
Demonstrated understanding of data governance best practices and data quality processes.
Understanding and familiarity with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts.
Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, including Visio and Excel.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Strong client management skills with experience negotiating and comprising.
Strong ability to craft and deliver messaging to ensure buy-in from key stakeholders.
Ability to work with key stakeholders while managing demanding delivery deadlines.GEHA
will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.