|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Under general direction of either a Portfolio Manager or in some cases a Program Manager, coordinates high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Also, manages small to large sized projects or a large complex project from beginning to end, ensuring adherence to GEHA project management principles, processes, and best practices. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Communicate with executive sponsors regarding the status of specific projects. Reports to the Director, Enterprise Project Management Office.
• Assembles project team. Provides formalized, continuous work direction and leadership to assigned team of professionals, including the scheduling, assignment, and review of project work.
• Develops, tracks, monitors and communicates project progress against the project plan.
• Works with project stakeholders to develop project requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, cost estimates and milestones.
• Coordinates the input, support and communication with all functional areas that impact or are impacted by project scope, business value, risk, and resource requirements.
• Defines and leads the improvement of Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies used within GEHA.
• Manages project change control, decisions, risks, issues, assumptions and mitigation planning.
• Adheres and participates in the monitoring of quality assurance and project management guidelines.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation and presentations. Determines the frequency and content of status report from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Develops and maintains all business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Manages small to large sized high priority projects or a large complex project.
• Assists in determining project solution. Guides team through buy vs. build options, hosting options and RFI/RFP processes when necessary.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline. Additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires eight years of project management experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels. PMP certification preferred. Requires experience with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK and PRINCE2). Requires working knowledge of application development technologies, as well as, client-server, web, and cloud based architectures. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and SharePoint. Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Requires strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams. Must be adept at financial management to administer budgets across projects and ensure the projects meet requirements for return on investment. Requires working knowledge of database architecture, data warehousing architecture and batch operations. Requires knowledge of IT security best practices and IT audit experience.
• 5+ Years of experience as a Scrum Master managing large, complex projects in a web development environment with multi-functioning teams.
• PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
• Certified Scrum Master