|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (200 Building)
Position reports to the Compensation and Benefits Manager. This position has ownership and responsibility for developing, implementing, administering and communicating compensation programs and incentive practices; provides guidance and assistance in implementing base pay and job classification systems. This position will also be responsible for supporting special projects and initiatives.
• Performs data collection, analysis, and monitoring of data to perform trend calculations and provide recommendations that will assist in the creation of compensation strategies and methodologies that drive performance and results through performance based compensation practices.
• Consults with managers to provide guidance and interpretation of compensation policies and programs, and evaluate requests for changes and updates.
• Performs job analysis to accurately describe the essential and non-essential activities, responsibilities, and qualifications of a job which may include questionnaires, conferring with managers and employees, site audits, or other methodologies. Follows appropriate approval process prior to conducting site audit and reclassifications.
• Reviews, analyzes and determines position classifications (exempt or non-exempt) based on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), engage with Legal team as necessary.
• Assists hiring managers with questions or needed explanations of job evaluation results (classification, wage, duties, etc.)
• Conducts bench-marking, performs data analysis and formulates recommendations, to ensure competitive, cost-effect, and legally compliant compensations programs and practices.
• Documents methodology, assumptions and decisions on compensation issues to ensure consistency of decisions and coordination with other compensation and human resources colleagues.
• Conducts cost and other statistical analyses as needed for market adjustments, pay evaluations and audits, and other pay practices.
• Manages the internal audit system of job descriptions ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is maintained with proper approvals.
• Maintains accurate and up to date job classifications in HRIS system. Periodically conducts audit of job classifications to ensure classifications are current for all active positions. Deactivates positions that are no longer active or reclassified.
• Manages an orderly and up to date job description library. Controls versions and archives job descriptions that are out dated or reclassified.
• Manages the market survey process including coordinating and participating in compensation surveys, analysis and submission.
• Provides detailed ad-hoc compensation research and analytical support and data analysis on compensation projects and metrics.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Creates and maintains HRIS system, various databases and information systems pertaining to compensation.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements and introduction of best practices. Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Stays abreast of changes and practices in the industry by participating in educational opportunities, professional organizations, and maintaining professional networks.
• Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. Four additional years of qualified experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
Requires eight years of compensation experience. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), SHRM or HRCI certification is preferred. Requires demonstrated competency and knowledge in administering and applying concepts, practices and procedures of compensation programs. Requires knowledge of compensation laws and regulations. Requires above average attention to detail. Acts with the appropriate sense of urgency to achieve results and meet expectations. Requires demonstrated ability to build relationships, gain trust and earn the respect of management. Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding employees. Possesses strong emotional intelligence to interpret, motivate, and coach management across the organization in communicating compensation policies, practices and procedures while complying with compensation standards. Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to write effective and accurate job descriptions, present findings to management, and to respond to inquiries from employees and management. Exercises sound judgment, seeking guidance in appropriate circumstances. Ability to work effectively with ambiguity and organizational change. Flexible, adaptable and capable of working under tight deadlines or changing needs. Requires proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and HRIS system.