|Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (200 Building)
Implements Care Management department educational plans. Develops and arranges for department orientation program and in-house training and in-service learning opportunities for RNs and support staff. Facilitates training on department systems, policies and procedures. Provides individualized training for personal health management, disease management, medical management, case management, utilization management, and motivational interviewing. Conducts and analyzes learning assessments and communicates findings to Administrators and manager. Serves as staff resource for day-to-day operational questions. Researches internal and external educational opportunities and makes program or in-service recommendations to administrators and manager.
• Implements the general Care Management department educational plan.
• Collaborates with Care Management Administrators and Care Management Manager to design individualized orientation program for new employees and to develop on-going educational programs.
• Provides training for staff on department policies and procedures, workflows, and information systems used within the Care Management department.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts and researches available products to develop member-focused motivational interview training. Presents training to new Care Management staff and conducts periodic exercises and updates to exiting staff.
• Develops training materials, secures speakers and coordinates meeting arrangements for orientation and ongoing educational programs.
• Uses department tools to assess staff learning progress and competency. Evaluates results and communicates with administrators and manager regarding plans to address areas for continued development.
• Researches internal and external educational opportunities, evaluates appropriateness, and makes program/in-service recommendations to administrators and manager.
• Serves as resource to staff for questions regarding departmental procedures and day-to-day operations; tracks and trends staff questions and develops educational in-service training to address staff needs.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, current RN license in good standing in state of residence and must be eligible for licensure in all 50 US states. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
Requires four years of clinical nursing experience. Requires two years of nursing experience in an insurance or care management setting. Requires at least two years of mentoring or training individuals and/or groups. Requires knowledge of current medical and nursing standards of care. Requires conceptual and critical thinking skills and effective verbal and written skills to develop and implement training. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470 with a total of five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area.