|GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Our company's corporate headquarters is located in Lee's Summit near Douglas Rd and I-470. The claims processing office and call center is located in Independence near Little Blue Parkway and I-70. All offices are easily accessible by freeway from anywhere in the Kansas City metro area.
Open Positions: 1
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
The Data Warehouse ETL Developer will serve in a critical role within GEHA’s Analytic Center of Excellence (ACOE), serving as the key technical resource to ensure data will be moved, transformed and stored appropriately to power analytic solutions. Proven problem-solving skills, experience in data warehouse design, and integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. This role will work closely with the Analytic Solution and Analytic Delivery teams to ensure alignment across the longitudinal evolution of capturing data to creating actionable insights.
• Collaborate with Healthcare Analyst & Solution Designers as well as Business Analysts to understand and implement solution functionality requirements and business rules.
• Produce technical design documentation from requirements and lead peer review cycles with technical and non-technical counterparts.
• Collaborate with internal application development and/or vendor teams when necessary to understand data needs to power analytic solutions.
• Develop and maintain the strategic integration of internal and external data into data warehouse, data marts, and/or MDM utility.
• Communicates project progress and status to their Manager and with other members of the ACOE Team.
• Provide input into the design, creation and maintenance of the primary data storage environment.
• Conducts research on emerging data integration products, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development, security and ongoing integration efforts.
• Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
• Regularly interact with the Analytic Solutions Team, including participation in code & design reviews, to ensure data storage structures support the needs of the business and analytic solutions and provide creative solutions to enhance the primary data storage environment.
• Participate in Data Governance efforts, enabling standards and processes for data usage, and identify opportunities for data reuse, migration or retirement.
• Performs extensive data discovery and unit testing to ensure deployment of quality solutions early in the software development lifecycle.
• Propose, review and/or develop processes intended to support the acceptance of solutions as credible to technical and non-technical users of the information.
• Willingness to work outside-of-the-box to help others achieve success, particularly when it comes to providing technical solutions to non-technical staff (ex: automation).
• Encourage and support a self-service architecture to promote a trusted source of distributed analytic capabilities and insights, leading the enterprise in its goal to be an insight-driven organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field. Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Requires four to seven years of experience in application development that includes proficiency with the SQL Server core data engine, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio, .NET, powershell (and related scripting languages), MS Office Products and source management tools (e.g., TFS, Git). Excellent working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Azure SQL Database including but not limited to indexing best practices and designing and tuning stored procedures. Solid experience and understanding of ESB/ETL tools such as Dell Boomi or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Experience observing change management and code promotion through non-production environments. Experience in designing systems that use XML/XSLT and/or JSON. Experience loading data stores ensuring processes are configurable, resilient and performant. Strong understanding and familiarity with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts. Ability to develop data translation objects and data processing flow using modern tools and adapt to new ones as they become available. Proven ability to work independently to coordinate and solve highly complex technical data transformation issues. Ability to effectively communicate with customers to clarify data format requirements and negotiate compromise. Experience in Healthcare is preferred.